Thursday, January 10, 2013

D9P QAL

I'm really excited about the coming year. I have always been an avid crocheter but lately my hands have been just touchy enough to keep me from doing it as much as I want to.  Just as I was about to get all Miss Cranky Pants over it...
In steps my cousin, Cynthia, to the rescue!
 She's into quilting and I haven't even looked at sewing in a hundred years. She invites me to a QAL. They are doing Disappearing 9 Patch. Yahooo! I can sew with the machine and my hands won't hurt.

Now the big decisions...who is this quilt for? What color to do it? Prints or solids?  After a short amount of pondering I decide to start a throw size quilt for my son's fiance. I asked about some color choices she might like and now it's off to the fabric store! YAY!!

Here's what I've come up with so far. Unfortunately the light fabric didn't photograph out well. It's actually a light lilac with a tiny purple print.



I'm going to do a no touching seams lay out. It's like controlled chaos. I like it!
(sorry I didn't iron this before pic)

Alrighty! One down....23 more to go!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! You may recall that Pura-pa is my fav! She will surely adore it and be all snuggly-cozy! Cuz, I'm so happy you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your future DIL doesn't like the quilt, I'll volunteer to take it off your hands!

    :D

    I hope to find a solid/neutral for my D9P on my road trip to retrieve my machine tomorrow! Let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahoooo! Looking forward to seeing what everyone chooses.
      I got 6 9-patches done so far. I treat my self to sewing time. Unload and load the dishwasher - time to sew! Vacuume - time to sew! hehehe

      Delete